Our Counselling Support
Inspirited Minds is a mental health charity launched in 2014 that aims to provide high-quality therapeutic support. Our therapists are a mix of BACP registered counsellors and BABCP registered CBT therapists. More details of our counselling team can be found on Our Team page. We focus on providing faith sensitive therapy for Muslim clients and many of our therapists have undertaken additional training in spiritual and Islamic models of psychological therapy. We are also open to people of other faiths.
Our counselling approach:
- All Inspirited Minds counsellors are either BACP registered counsellors or BABCP registered CBT therapists and all of their details can be found on our website and the respective accrediting body websites. We do not have trainee or student therapists within our service and aim to offer a good standard of support. All counsellors are insured, DBS checked, have private clinical supervision and also receive monthly in-house group supervision informed by Islamic principles.
- Before counselling can begin, we carry out an Initial Assessment which can be done either via telephone or video and usually lasts around 30-40 mins. Counselling sessions will usually last around 50 mins.
- Our clients are at the heart of our decision making and we aim to offer between 12-18 sessions to each client with longer and shorter courses of treatment available dependant on need.
- Therapies we offer: Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT), Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), Dialectical behavioural therapy (DBT), Existential therapy, Humanistic therapies, Integrative, Islamic counselling, Mindfulness, Person-centred therapy, Psychoanalysis, Psychoanalytic therapy, Psychodynamic therapy, Reality therapy, Solution focused brief therapy, Transactional analysis.
- Additional languages we cover: Urdu, Punjabi, Bengali, Gujarati, Turkish, Spanish, Hausa, Tamil.
- Type of counselling sessions: Face-to-Face counselling (currently unavailable due to lockdown), Telephone counselling, Video counselling
- Online support platform: all clients will be given access to our online support platform to manage their counselling; communicate with the IM Clinical Support team and their counsellor, and track their wellbeing.
- Regular client feedback: we are committed to reviewing the quality of our counselling support on a regular basis.
Our referral criteria:
- We can see clients who present with common mental health difficulties across a range of Axis 1 disorders such as depression, anxiety and related problems. We can see people deemed suitable for primary care psychology services who are looking for a faith sensitive approach.
- Clients referred must be over the age of 18.
- Clients must be from the UK.
- Clients should be involved in the decision-making process and must consent to counselling.
- We are not set up to work with people with enduring mental health difficulties and in need of secondary or specialist services, such as complex trauma or psychosis.
- Our Initial Assessment will incur a fee of £15.
- Our Telephone / Video counselling will incur a fee of £35 per session.
- Our Face-to-Face counselling will incur a fee of £45 per session.
- Payment must be made in advance of the counselling session via our Online Support Centre. Clients are able to apply for funding for 50% of the counselling fees, should they not feel they cannot pursue counselling with the full charges applied. Proof of financial hardship (such as household income / benefits) will be required when applying for funding and as Inspirited Minds is a charity, funding cannot always be guaranteed. We welcome donations in order to enable our service to continue in a high standard and so that we can offer clients to apply for funding for our services.
To access our support services please complete our Get Help Form.