Job Title: Workshop Facilitator
Required Hours: 5 hours per week
Availability: Volunteers must attend quarterly IM team meetings (January, April, July and October, all are online, but we aim to have some face to face events every year), monthly team meetings (which usually last up to 2 hours) and supervisions with their manager.
Purpose: The Workshop Facilitator will engage with members of the community to raise awareness about mental health, planning events, workshops and other activities.
- Offer educational events, workshops and training programmes to members of the community.
- Network and build partnerships with local and national organisations.
- Help to develop and deliver webinars and workshops related to different areas of Muslim Mental Health.
- Work with their team and line manager to achieve frequent, timely and positive outcomes.
- Maintain a high degree of professionalism, privacy and confidentiality at all times.
- Work respectfully and cooperatively with colleagues, taking on board suggestions and recommendations.
- Participate and take on any further tasks in relation to the post, which may benefit Inspirited Minds.
- Good public speaking skills, including interpersonal and active communication skills
- Ability and enthusiasm for working as part of a team, creating a collaborative, and focused working environment.
- Experience of working in a frontline position including desk-based and outreach work.
- Excellent ability to communicate at all levels and with authenticity both verbally & and in writing, be people focused and know how to adjust your approach depending on the situation.
- Qualification and/or experience of working in mental health.
- Experience working with vulnerable adults and vulnerable people within the Muslim community.
- Confidence in dealing with difficult situations or conversations but also able to escalate where necessary.
- Background in Islamic sciences.
- Respect for the importance of confidentiality and discretion and have knowledge of GDPR.
- Be at the forefront of Muslim Mental Health in the UK being part of one of the UK’s largest Muslim Mental Health charities.
- An immensely rewarding role, providing many opportunities for personal growth and development.
- Gain experience working in a diverse and supportive team.
- Invited to exclusive Inspirited Minds events, internal training and skills development.
- Be the first to hear about our upcoming opportunities and projects.
- Gain experience and confidence in public speaking and workshop facilitating.
- Develop your understanding of Islam, mental health and Islamic Psychology.
Download JD Apply Now