- Kemnal Park Service Hall, Eternal Gardens, GreenAcres Kemnal Park Cemetery, A20 Sidcup By-Pass, Chislehurst, England, BR7 6RR
- November 18, 2023
- Saturday, 11:00AM to 3:00PM
Contact event manager
Book your tickets
Bereavement Masterclass + Live Ghusl Demonstration
Kemnal Park Service Hall, Eternal Gardens, GreenAcres Kemnal Park Cemetery, A20 Sidcup By-Pass, Chislehurst, England, BR7 6RR
Saturday, 11:00AM to 3:00PM
November 18, 2023
This is a collaboration In-Person Only Masterclass brought to you by Inspirited Minds and Eternal Gardens. Refreshments + lunch is included.
About this event:
Loss and bereavement are not new concepts to us as Muslims. Allah reminds us constantly about the temporary nature of this world, and how we are ultimately only here to work for our eternal abode in the Hereafter. However, no matter how much we can expect loss, we cannot determine the life altering experience grief may have on us. Allah has made us dynamic beings with the ability to feel emotions such as grief, and it is His words and His Decree that hold us in our times of loss and bereavement.
We all have experienced or will experience some kind of loss in our lives, whether that be the death of family members, the loss of wealth or relationships – everything has an end in this life, but how do we cope? How can we manage the feelings that come with loss? What tools has Allah given us to supportourselves?
It is our social and collective responsibility to ensure we both speak and act with knowledge, advocate for those struggling with their loss and bereavement and support ourselves and others when needed.
By attending this workshop, you will be contributing towards the mission of improving the safety, mental health and wellbeing of the Ummah, In Shaa Allah! You will also receive a certificate of attendance.
Date and Time:
- Saturday, 18th November 2023, 11am – 3pm – Refreshments + lunch included!
- Eternal Gardens, GreenAcres Kemnal Park Cemetery, A20 Sidcup By-Pass, BR7 6RR
- This Masterclass will be held in the main Kemnal Park service hall. Upon entering the Park, please continue along the road until you reach the Eternal Gardens section. The brothers at the Eternal Gardens office will direct you to the main hall. For directions, please click here.
By attending this masterclass, you will learn:
- Different types of loss and the 5 stages of grief from an Islamic perspective
- Prophetic and Quranic examples of loss and the tools Allah provides us
- A live Ghusl demonstration (by Eternal Gardens) who will take you through all the steps of Ghusl on a dummy and our team will discuss the feelings that may come up during each step
- How to cope after bereavement and how different prominent Islamic figures overcame their own losses
This workshop will be highly interactive, with many discussions, and case studies to work through as a group.
About Eternal Gardens
Eternal Gardens was launched in 2013 to provide a dedicated Muslim Cemetery for the South East community. Their mission is simple: to facilitate the Muslim community’s burial needs within the boundaries of Shariah, supporting Muslim generations for years to come. Find out more about their services here.
Due to the sensitive nature of the topic and the discussion of potentially triggering topics, we recommend individuals to only attend if they feel safe and well enough. Please note that we aim to have a member of our qualified support team present should you need any support during the webinars, however this is subject to their availability.
Important things to note before the session
- Please arrive at least 5 minutes prior as we aim to have a prompt start.
- The masterclass places are non-refundable, so please check that you can attend in advance of booking (attendees will be sent a zoom link prior to the event).
- We highly encourage participants to attend and participate in as many discussions as possible in order to reap the full benefits of the workshop.
- If you cannot afford a place but would like to attend, please email firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can offer a concession rate. Please be assured that this will remain anonymous to the workshop facilitator and will be handled with privacy.
- Some interactions will be required via Slido.com (so please have a smart phone or device handy) should you wish to participate.
- The training may be recorded for internal training purposes only and will not be made available to attendees.
- We require the feedback form to be completed by all participants in order to receive the slides and your respective certificate of attendance.
- For any further questions or information, please email email@example.com.