- Iqra Academy, Enterprise Way, North Bretton, Peterborough, PE3 8YQ
- June 15, 2019
- Saturday, 11:00AM to 6:30PM
Contact event manager
Book your tickets
Community Leadership & Muslim Mental Health
Iqra Academy, Enterprise Way, North Bretton, Peterborough, PE3 8YQ
Saturday, 11:00AM to 6:30PM
June 15, 2019
The Lantern Initiative in conjunction with Inspirited Minds is excited to announce another tailor-made training programme.
An interactive training session for Imams, Chaplains, Community Leaders & Mosque Committee members.
In response to a high demand from Muslim communities across the UK, this bespoke Mental Health training event is back!
- Islamic Psychology
- Muslim pioneers in Mental Health and their contribution to Psychology
- How to recognise prevalent mental health difficulties
- Stigma in the community
- Leaders & Leadership Skills
- Coping strategies from an Islamic perspective
- Khutbah ideas and templates
- How and where to direct people for mental health support
- Q&A session
Our previous unique training in 2017 was met with huge success.
Attendees will benefit from a range of interactive and engaging workshops as part of this programme:
- Become more aware of mental health and wellbeing from an Islamic and Secular perspective
- Learn how to signpost and differentiate between different mental health difficulties
- Understand how to provide support on both an individual and community level
Lunch and refreshments provided.
Each attendee will receive a Certificate of Attendance after the training.
A £10 booking deposit is required per space, which will be returned upon completion of the training.
This event is kindly sponsored by Children of Adam