The Mindful Muslim is an Inspirited Minds podcast that hosts raw, open, and honest conversations on various topics within the sphere of mental health, psychology, Islam and spirituality.
In this episode, we meet Samia Quddus, a fully qualified psycho-therapeutic Integrative Therapist (MBACP) and primary school teacher with a specialism in social, emotional and mental health (SEMH). She is creator of the UK’s first Islamic and psychology inspired gratitude journal, Taqdeer Life, and she is the author of a children’s emotional well-being story, Freya’s Funny Feeling. She has published articles in the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) Children, Young People and Families magazine.
She has specialised in child and young people counselling, and she shares what to look out for in children and young people’s mental health and wellbeing. We also spoke extensively about:
- The challenges children and young people are facing
- Her inspiration and journey towards publishing the Taqdeer Life journal, and then Freya’s Funny Feeling
- How to understand trauma and abuse, and what we can do about it
- How to address the inter-general gaps between parents and children
- The impact of culture and religion on mental health, and how we can make this more positive and healthy
- How to bring up girls and young women in a community where they can feel accepted and maintain wellbeing
- Some creative ways of dealing with life’s pressures, lack of motivation and purpose, and being in an uncomfortable situation
Samia is an experienced therapist and teacher, and you can contact her via email at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also follow her on Instagram @taqdeerlife and @freyasfunnyfeeling, where you can find more information about the Taqdeer Life journal and Freya’s Funny Feeling, and even buy your own copy!
If you would like to ask us a question, suggest a topic you would like us to discuss on the podcast or if you would like to feature on the podcast as a guest, then please get in touch with the Mindful Muslim Podcast Team at email@example.com.
Support our podcast by becoming a Torchbearer for Inspirited Minds.